What's that feeling? Elation? Optimism?
Pausing to savor partial successes is one way to sustain ourselves in the struggle to preserve democracy and build a fairer, more sustainable country. It's been a hell of a week, even if we're working for so much more. Enjoy it!
The Dems passed their climate, tax, and health care bill!
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 will mean:
- We make the largest investment ever to slow global warming
- Medicare can finally negotiate drug prices
- Expanded health care subsidies are extended
- Big corporations will pay a 15% minimum tax
- The I.R.S. gets more funding to catch cheats
CHIPS and Science Act could revive the U.S. computer chip industry.
Help for vets exposed to toxins passed despite GOP efforts to block it.
The Honoring our PACT Act of 2022 provides healthcare and other services related to veterans who were exposed to toxic substances during military service.